About Yoga Nidra:
Yoga Nidra is a profound yet simple practice that has the capacity to rapidly induce deep states of relaxation in a format that is immediately accessible to most people.
The word Yoga is sometimes translated as unity, the word Nidra is sometimes translated as sleep. Together, Yoga Nidra creates a relaxed deep and balanced experience, to be enjoyed by almost anyone, at a level that is normally only available in meditation techniques that require years of training.
From a living tradition of yoga and why this is important:
Yoga Nidra was synthesized from several practices documented in ancient tantric texts and developed as an original practice by Swami Satyananda Saraswati / Bihar School of Yoga during the mid 20th century.
These sources include key features of the practice such as the body rotation, adapted to suit contemporary living. Without understanding this ancient link and underlying essence of the practice, the subtle practical benefits of yoga nidra are diminished.
The essential textbook on the practice is „Yoga Nidra“ by Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
Pressiana Vishuddhi is fortuned to have studied in the Satyananda Ashram in India under the guidance of Swami Satyananda and Swami Niranjananda. She has an extensive experience in this original, systematic and precise form of yoga nidra.
Topics will include:
- The structure and components of Yoga Nidra, how and why this structure works.
- Sankalpa, the power of positive affirmation and It’s impact on our health.
- The history of Yoga Nidra and how it relates to Yoga tradition and practice.
- How Yoga Nidra compares with relaxation techniques.
- A yoga practice to prepare the body & mind for Yoga Nidra
- Full Yoga Nidra practice (45 minutes)